29. August 2016

Week 2

Hey guys,
I´ll try to upload a post every sunday evening or latest monday of the following week to keep you up to date. So this is my week two of my exchange year:

On Monday I had my first test in American History (I got a B) and in the evening we had an exchangestudent orientation meeting (we went to Cicis Pizza in Joplin). We got home very late so I had to study till 01:00am for my government test. 
On Tuesday I wrote the American Government test (I got an A) and I watched the first tennis match of my team. I´m not allowed to play yet because I need to have 14 practices. 
On Wednesday we made posters for the parade in tennis practice and after I got home and was ready, we went to the Lamar Free Fair, which started this day. 
On Thursday and Friday I had no school because of the fair. So on the first day I did my homework, relaxed and in the afternoon we had a tennis match in Monett. After we got home I went to the fair again and helped making funnel cakes. On the second day I just relaxed and in the evening we went to the fair again for riding some rides. 
On Saturday morning we went to Joplin and ate at IHop (my first pancakes!) and we did a bit of shopping. We returned back soon because I had to be at the school at 01:00pm for the parade. We sat on a trailer and threw candies to little kids (it was super fun). After that we relaxed and later this afternoon we went to get our nails done and to have dinner.
Today we went to Springfield and I really enjoyed this day! We went to the "Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World" including a rifle museum which was pretty amazing. Afterwards we ate at a Asian restaurant where they cook in front of you. I never have been to such a restaurant so it was another first time experience. Then we went to the Springfield Art Museum and to the Battlefield Mall where I bought something for Homecoming on Friday and me and my hostsister built a bear. At the end we went to "Cold Stone" and ate some ice cream there. You can choose an ice cream and put stuff like Snickers, Marshmallows, Butterfinger or whatever in there. I got chocolate with Reese´s in it and it was delicious. 
Tomorrow starts Spirit week and I´m really excited about how it´s going to be.

My sign


Lamar Free Fair


Lamar Free Fair
Outdoor World
"Show cooking"

Springfield Art Museum
Battlefield Mall



Isabel :)




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen