5. September 2016

Week 3: Homecoming

Hey guys,
this week was Spirit Week at my High School. I have to say that not even half of the school was dressed up but it was still cool. I dressed up everyday because we don´t have it in Germany.

Monday: Pyjama-Day
Tuesday: Tie-Dye
Wednesday: Safari-Day (Tourist or animal)
Thursday: Twins-Day
Friday: Black Out

On Friday after school there was a parade from the High School to the main square in Lamar where they did the Pep Relly for the Homecoming King and Queen nominees. This was pretty fun because they prepared nice little "games".
In the evening I went to my first football game together with my hostdad. Before it began there was the coronation of Homecoming King and Queen 2k16. During halftime there was a performance of the cheerleader and the band and they did so well! The final score was 50:0 for the Lamar Tigers.
After the game there was the Homecoming dance and it was fantastic. I went there with my date and friends of mine. It was an amazing experience for me and I´m excited for the Basketball Homecoming later this school year.
Then it was Saturday again and we had a long weekend because of Labor Day on Monday. My hostfamily had planned a trip and it should be a surprise for me. We went to Omaha (Nebraska) and stopped on the way there in Iowa. In the zoo of Omaha I´ve been to my first IMax cinema ever and we watched 3 movies there and after that we went downtown and ate something. On Sunday we went to the zoo again but this time we walked around. After that we drove to Kansas City and shopped at Costco and then we drove back to Lamar and watched some TV. 
Tomorrow we are staying at home and getting prepared for the next week and there are several tests for me so I need to study too.

Lamar Tigers (in  Black)
Marching Band

Downtown Omaha
Camel riding
Feeding a giraffe


That´s it for now.
Isabel :)


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen