22. August 2016

Week 1: HELLO USA!

Hey guys,

I arrived here in the USA 6 days ago and I love it here! But from the beginning...

On Sunday (08/14) my relatives and one of my best friends came to my house and we had coffee and ate cake. After they all left I put on my "Dirndl" and I went out with two friends of mine.
Before I went home I had to say goodbye to everyone which was really hard. As I returned home I skyped with my hostfamily for about 1 1/2 hours and then it was time for me to leave for the airport. We arrived in Nürnberg and I had to say goodbye to my family for the next 10 month. It was even harder for me than I thought it would be.
My first flight was from Nürnberg to Frankfurt. In Frankfurt I met all the other students from iST and GIVE that were leaving that day. I had to wait for over 3 hours and then we could finally get on our plane to Chicago.

GOODBYE GERMANY!

The flight was really cool. I talked to other exchange students, read my farewell book and watched a movie. And after 9 hours and 10 minutes we arrived American ground.

HELLO AMERICA!!!

In Chicago we had to go through the custom and the immigration, and had to wait for another 2 hours till our flight to Dallas was ready for boarding.
This flight was about half an hour deleted so we had to hurry in order to get our next (and last) flight to Joplin, because the gate was at the other side of the airport.
After an hour we arrived in Joplin and I could finally hug my hostfamily. My luggage wasn´t there so we had to leave without it.
The next day we went to my school and I got a little tour and then we went to Joplin for some shopping and picking up my suitcase, after we went to get some breakfast (my first french toast!).
Wednesday 08/17 was my first school day and it was really cool! After school I had my first tennis practice and I returned home really really tired.
The next two days were kind of the same and  Friday night we went shopping again.
Over the weekend we went to Arkansas for visiting a big part of the family.

I really love it here and it is much nicer than I expected. Even if I´m only here since 6 days it already feels like a second home to me. I miss my family and my friends but I enjoy every second here and 9I´ll try to make the best out of everything (even if I´m always tired).





My lovely hostfamily!
Many balloons on my bed *-*
Lamar High School
First school day

That´s it for now,
Isabel :)




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen