27. November 2016

Week 15: Thanksgiving

Hello out there,
this week was awesome again and so many things happened.
On Monday Tara and I did presentations in 6 classes of American History and Sociology and I really enjoyed doing it once again. So now I have done 20 in total and I think that´s it for the moment but I would really like to do some more.
On Tuesday we had an activity day since our school collected over 3000 cans (2000 were required) for a food drive (donation). So at the beginning of the day we had an assembly in the gym and they explained how everything works and the "Warm Fuzzy"-Day that was going on that day. So everybody got yarn and you give one small piece of it together with a compliment to another person and tie it around their yarn-necklace. The Senior´s were dismissed first to go to an activity for the first four hours and I chose to watch "Lord of the Rings" with some of my friends. During this time they also had "Group Picture Day" so I had to go when the called out DECA and the German club (which nobody expected). In 5th hour we had our normal lunch and then regular class, which meant Marketing for me. We went to Walmart to look up some toy prices for Black Friday. After that, means 6th and 7th hour, we had to chose and activity again and so I chose to go to Karaoke. During Homeroom we had a Pep Rally because our Lamar Football team was going to State on Friday. The band and the Cheerleaders performed and in the middle of it all the lights went of and they had blacklights set up so it was just amazing. Some of the football players came down to the gym floor and danced together with the cheerleaders to "Juju on that Beat", "Watch me" and finally everyone to "YMCA". This is one of the moments in my exchange year where you could really feel the school sprit and I enjoyed it so much. After school I had to get in line for buying tickets for the game and then Tara and I did our German class again. The rest of the day I just spent relaxing since I was still not totally well.
On Wednesday was my first day off for break and I just slept long and stayed at home till the early afternoon when my hostparents took me to Joplin for dinner.
On Thursday was Thanksgiving! I was super excited for my first one and about noon we arrived at the house of relatives where we had our Thanksgiving meal. It was so good and they had a whole lot of desserts as well. We left around 3:30pm from there to go to Webb City´s Walmart for Black Friday Shopping. First we got the last wristband for a Hatchimal and then we got in line for other stuff since  they started it at 6. So we had to wait about 1.5 hours and grabbed other things as well afterwards. When we wanted to check out we had to wait again for ages but when we finally were done we went to JCPenny and to Kohl´s and we got back home at 3 in the morning. I only got a few hours of sleep because at around 8.30 my hostmom took me to Joplin again for continuing Black Friday shopping at the mall. I bought a whole bunch of things including my dress for Winter Formal. At 12.30 my hostdad picked me up and we went to the State Championship game in Springfield. They played against Trinity Catholic and they won 26-18. This made them the winners of the State Championship
in 2016 which is the 6th time in a row! GO TIGERS!! It was an awesome game but it was freezing cold outside. After the game we drove back to Lamar and waited at the football field for welcoming and congratulating the players when they arrived. I am so proud of the team and I am sad because my first and last football season is over now but it was amazing, breathtaking and unique for me. THANK YOU!
On Saturday my hostparents took me to Joplin again and we had breakfast at Cracker Barrel. After that we went to a few stores and Starbucks. In the evening my area rep and his wife invited me and my hostparents to come over for playing "The Settler of Catan". We played 4 rounds and it was super fun.
Today I skyped with my family in the morning and then we went to church. Now we are just staying at home and getting ready for school tomorrow.

Presentation (2nd hour; my class)

Choices..

Lord of the Rings


Watch me

Juju on that beat

Yummy *-*


Waiting in line at Walmart


State Championship


Band performance




Congratulations 


Eduardo and Me

Last game for the Seniors


Starbucks love

Settlers of Catan
That´s it for this week,
Isabel :*




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen