16. Januar 2017

Week 22: Halftime

Hello out there,
this week there is not a lot to tell.
On Monday it was my first day in Weights-class and it was pretty good except of that I can't lift as much as all the others can since they have done it before. In the evening we had our rescheduled Winter Concert and it was actually better than we thought it would go.
On Tuesday after school and during Homeroom I went to the Off-season workout and it sucked, even more because I was not feeling well. But the others pushed me through the workout which was probably one of the hardest, if not the hardest, in my entire life.
On Wednesday I my whole body was sore and then on top of that in 3rd hour I started not feeling good. I got picked up by my hostdad at the end of 5th hour and I started a fever and could also not go to school Thursday because I wasn't feeling better.
From Friday on till Sunday at noon the weather forecast predicted an ice storm so all the schools around here canceled school for Friday so we had our first "Snowday" this year. Luckily it didn't hit us that bad at allso we still had electricity the whole time. My hostfamily and I played a lot of games together and watched a bunch of movies I've never seen before. Especially Friday I slept a lot as well because I was not (still not am) feeling good.

Today is halftime for me here in the USA! I am here since 5 month and I have 5 more to go. I changed a lot during this time. In the past 5 month I've met amazing people, visited breathtaking new places and found a second home at the other side of the world which I love so much that I don't even want to think about leaving them. I already know that a part of my heart is always going to stay here. I am so grateful for everything and I can't even imagine what would have happened if I wouldn't have got the amazing chance to go on an exchange year and you can probably also say the travel to find myself. I love my life here and I don't want to miss a single second of it but I will not act like my exchange year is perfect. I have my struggles here, with my friends, my hostfamily and also with myself. But I truly do believe that everything that happens to me has a reason behind it and it'll make me grow. I do miss my German life with all it's freedom and my family and friends but I will try to make the next 5 month here perfect because that's the only time I have left here in Lamar, with exactly this people. And I will try to make the best out of it and live every single second as if it is my last here in the USA.


Love,
Isabel :*










Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen