2. Januar 2017

Week 20: New Year

Hey guys,
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you! I hope you started good in 2017 and that your year is going to be awesome!
This week I still had holidays so I didn't have to worry about school. On Monday my hostmom, my hostsister and me got up really early in order to be in Joplin by 6am to start Christmas Shopping. We shopped at many different places and just interrupted for Breakfast and Dinner.  We came back home really really late in the evening but it was an awesome day.
On Tuesday my hostmom and hostsister took me to Springfield and we went shopping in the Mall and got ice cream at 10pm at ColdStone. On our way home we stopped at Walmart in Carthage and Lamar so that we were home around 2am.
Wednesday and Thursday we just stayed at home, relaxing (what I really enjoyed) and I continued watching Netflix.
On Friday I slept in and at 1pm I went to the Lamar Greenhouse and Florist and volunteered for a few hours. Now I have my required 50 hours done (50.5 exactly) but I would really like to do 100 so I will see what I can do.
On Saturday was New Years Eve and in the afternoon we went to Pittsburg in Kansas for late Dinner and watching the movie "Sing". When we came back home at 9pm we played The Settlers of Catan and simultaneously watched the New York Time Square celebration. At midnight we wished each other a Happy New Year and that's about it. New Year is nothing special here but I got to know a new way of spending New Years Eve.
On Sunday we went to church and afterwards we drove to Joplin and ate at the Texas Roadhouse. Then we went to the Mall and when we came back home we played games that my hostmom bought till 2am. I really enjoyed it, although I always lost the one game because my vocabulary in specific areas is not the best.
That's it from me for this week!

Isabel :)

Ice Cream *-*




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen