9. Januar 2017

Week 21: 2nd semester

Hello guys,
this Monday and Tuesday I just stayed at home and prepared myself for getting back to school on Wednesday. We played a lot of games together and just enjoyed our last days of our break.
On Wednesday school started again and with that my 2nd  (and last) semester during my exchange year. I changed my schedule for one hour and wanted to change another but I wasn't allowed to.
On Thursday was my second day of this semester and it was pretty good as well. In the evening we were supposed to have Show Choir practice but since there was a lot of Snow that day it got more or less cancelled. So my hostfamily took me to Liberal to watch College Heights play against them. The CHCS Varsity boys won against Liberal by one point so it was a super exciting game.
On Friday during homeroom all students that were interested in doing Track and Field had a meeting and I went there because I really want to do another sport during my exchange year. So I went to the meeting and the whole room was full with people. The two coaches talked a bit about who is doing what, when practice starts and that we are supposed to go to weightlifting class two times a week until practice officially starts. So I signed up for doing Track and I'm probably going to do discus and shotput but if I'm going to be horrible in it I might be the manager. The I went to councelling center and asked the teacher for the second time if I could not change from Anatomy&Physiology to Weightlifting and then she allowed me to change. So from tomorrow on my schedule is going to be:

  1. Language Arts III
  2. Photography
  3. American Government
  4. Spanish II
  5. Marketing
  6. Strength and Condition aka Weights
  7. Show Choir
  8. Homeroom: Mon,Wed, Fri:A Cappella Choir, Tue,Thur:Weights
So overall I only changed 2 hours this semester and tomorrow is going to be my first time in Weights and I just hope that I manage to improve a lot while I continue doing it over the semester.
After school I went home for an hour and then my hostmom drove me back to school because I was volunteering at the Basketball Concession stand again. In between I sometimes went in the gym and was able to watch a bit of the girls and boys varsity games. They both won and the boys game was super exciting since we were losing till the end of 3rd quater but then we came back and won the game! 
On Saturday morning my hostsister and I had an appointment to get our hair cut and I cut 5inches. After that I had Show Choir practice from 10 to 2 and we worked on our choreography since we have our first competition next Saturday. Then we had an exchange student trip (mid-year orientation) and my hostmom and my local coordinator took us students to Incredible Pizza in Springfield. First we had to talk about stuff and then we could eat from the All-you-can-eat buffet. Afterwards we went to the gaming area and played games, drove Go-Karts just enjoyed our times as our exchange student squad. I really enjoyed that day and I am once more so grateful for all the people I met here. 
Today my hostsister and I slept pretty long and I did my homework, read and relaxed for the rest of the day. 

I wish you guys a good week,
Isabel

Girls Varsity

Boys Varsity

Guljemal and me


Exchange student squad

*love*


Sofiya and me



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen