19. Dezember 2016

Week 18

Hello guys,
this week was Christmas Spirit Week at my school but I just did Monday, Pyjama Day, because I didn't have stuff to wear for the other days. And also my package from Germany (that took nearly a month) finally arrived.
On Monday during first hour we had an assembly in the gym, because the teachers had a breakfast for Christmas. So they were playing Dodgeball and served cookies for every student. I stayed in school a bit longer because I helped a friend of mine with his Math assignments as well as on Wednesday.
On Tuesday I left school because of Show Choir at 11:45 and we went and sang for the Rotary Club in Lamar and got back to school a bit before 7th hour started. After that we had our German Club again and at 4:40 my hostdad picked me up and took me to Liberal, where the Lamar boy's and girl's basketball teams had a game. So I could watch the girl's and the boy's Varsity games, while he was refereeing (both won against Liberal).
On Thursday I didn't even get home from school till 9.30pm. Right after school we had our German Club again and then I volunteered at the Concession Stand for the boy's basketball home game this day. I helped till 7 but then I had Show Choir practice until 9. During this time we ran all 10 minutes to the gym to check the score of the Varsity game that was going on this time. This was pretty fun and a lot of people were looking at us like we are crazy but oh well, that's when you're artistic but at the same time interested in sports. In the end Lamar won really really close so it was a pretty close game.
On Friday after school I started studying for the finals on the coming Monday and Tuesday, which I also continued over the weekend.
On Saturday we should have had our Winter Formal but sadly it got cancelled, because it was icy and later also started to snow. Now it's going to be together with Basketball Homecoming, which is not sure that I am here that day but I hope! So about 5 we went over to my Local Coordinators house and decorated christmas cookies that his wife made (they are delicious!).
Today we stayed at home since the weather is so bad that even the Winter Choir Concert (that counts as my Show Choir Final) got cancelled. So we cleaned the house and also managed to set up the Christmas tree.
That's it for this week and tomorrow and the day after I'm going to have my first finals in my whole life so I'm nervous but also glad when it gets over and we are out for Christmas brake on Tuesday after school.

Isabel :)

Senior's  vs. Freshman

On our way to the performance

Liberal-Lamar (in red)

Lamar (in white)-Harrisonville

Christmas Cookies *-*

*SNOW*



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen