5. Juni 2017

Week 39: Graduation

Hey out there,
this week was really amazing, stressful and emotional!
On Monday I had to take 2 finals and one of my teachers gave me a really cute gift to take home. After school my host mom took me to Carthage so that I could get my nails done for Graduation on Sunday. I also worked on thank you notes for my teachers since they really impacted me throughout the year and helped me a lot.
Tuesday I went to the workout after school. My last one. It was so sad but I really enjoyed being part of the Winter and Spring Off-season this year!! Afterwards I went home and got ready for going camping. We had the Senior Campout where the Seniors (that want to) camp in front of the school and it was soo much fun!! We played games together and chalked the entrance of the High School. In the morning I went and got Donut's with some of the other Seniors and then a friend dropped me off at home. I took a quick nap since I didn't sleep all night and then I had to get ready for school. My last official school day. I had to take my last final today and turn another one in. I had to "sign out" from school and I took pictures with every class to have a memory. During homeroom we had a Senior Assembly in the library where they got cake for us. It was so emotional so I started crying.. I went to Youth at night and this time we helped a person with cleaning out their basement because it got flooded.
On Thursday we had our first Senior activity day. We started off with signing everyone's stole for Graduation and afterwards we put our handprint and signature on the Senior Wall. It looks amazing! I also got to sign the Weight Room sign and the wall in the locker room since I did weights and Track. I went to brunch with friends of mine and a few people I never talked to before and I was starting to think about how things would have been different if I would have got to know them earlier. I went to lunch with my host parents and afterwards to Walmart with my host mom since I needed make up for Graduation.
Friday was our second Senior day and we started off with having an Awards Ceremony for scholarships and outstanding achievements. I got a Certificate for Outstanding Achievement in Marketing which made me super happy. After that we put on our cap and gowns, took a class picture and got to walk through the Middle/ Elementary school. Then we all changed and went to the park to take the traditional Park picture of the Senior Class. After that was done I went to lunch with two really good friends of mine. We had to be back at the High School by 1:15pm because we had Graduation practice. I lettered in Show Choir so I got to pick up my letter and pins and then I went home. In the evening I went to a Graduation party of a friend of mine and I was glad when I finally got home at night.
Saturday we stayed home all day, relaxed and got ready for Graduation the next day.
Sunday morning we went to church and afterwards I went to a Grad-party. I went home to put my make up on and to change and then I went to the hair stylist because I wanted to get my hair curled for Graduation. I got to the school by 3 because Baccalaureate started at 3:30pm. It is kind if a worship lead by selected people of the Senior Class and you don't have to attend if you don't want to since it is religious. They all did a really good job! The wind was blowing really bad so my hair got kind of destroyed but I tried not to care so much. After it was over we went to the Dome Gym, put our Cap and Gowns on and lined up. We started walking over the Track a little after 5pm when it was supposed to start. We pledged the allegiance, prayed and then the ceremony started. I got to sing a song with choir and then we had the speech of the Valedictorian (class best) and another solo and the Alma Mater (school anthem). Then they started to call every single person individually up onto the stage and we received our (empty) diploma case and a flower. After that was over we all moved our tassels together and then walked out on the field to throw our caps! They played our class song and then everybody took pictures with each other and congratulated each other. After that my host family and I took pictures at a wall in Lamar and then I went to two different Graduation parties of my friends. I went home and got ready because I had to be at the school by 10:30pm for Project Graduation. This is something that some schools do for all the Seniors the night of Graduation to prevent them from doing something stupid like drinking. Everybody has to turn in their keys and if you stay the whole time (until 5:30am) you are eligible for prices. So we started off with a Scavenger Hunt through Lamar (it was so much fun!) and afterwards we had big bubble balls, that you can put on and knock other people over with. I also learnt how to play poker. At 3am we all went outside and watched "Why Him" on a blow up screen. Then we all went back inside for the drawing of the prices. Everybody got to put their tickets in a bucket during the evening and so now they distributed the prices. Everybody got at least on thing and I got a $50 Visa giftcard. They had cash left over so everybody went back into the pot and I got drawn again and got $5 in cash. They also gave everyone a "Class of 2017" shirt that I really like!
It was a really busy, but fantastic, week and I got to make so many new memories. Yes it is sad that my American High School experience is over now, but I am so happy that I could even experience it!❤
Love,
Isabel

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen